Do you want to experience the ultimate gaming experience on your PS4? Are you tired of using the standard speakers and want to immerse yourself in the game? Well, you’re in luck because we have the solution for you! In this guide, I will show you how to connect gaming headphones to your PS4, allowing you to hear every footstep and gunshot with clarity.
However, before you rush out to buy gaming headphones, it’s important to consider how to choose headphones for gaming. Look for headphones with good sound quality, noise-cancellation features, and a comfortable fit. With the right headphones, you’ll be able to enjoy a truly immersive gaming experience on your PS4.
6 Major Ways with Steps – How to Connect Gaming Headphones to PS4?
I would like to share the 6 major ways and their detailed steps with my users. It is also important for you to understand that I have used all of them for making connections between my gaming headphones & PS4. So, be sure to tell me if you have any of your advice on making such connections more easily.
1. Using the 3.5 mm Audio Jack
- How to connect a wired headset to PS4? First, make sure to buy gaming headphone that is easily compatible with other technical devices.
- Then, plug it 3.5 mm audio jack into the PS4 controller Audio port.
- Secondly, go to the PS4 settings and open its audio management options.
- Now, search for “Devices” and then “Audio Devices”.
- Under the input devices option select “Headset connection to device”.
- Lastly, under the output devices option select “Headphone audio connection to device”. As a result, both your devices will be paired.
- You can test-run the audio settings before applying them permanently.
2. Through the Headphone USB option
- How to connect a headset with a mic to PS4? All technical headphones have their USB option attached to their one end. You just have to plug this USB into the PS4’s USB port.
- Then, through the controller, look for the Audio Devices option on the PS4.
- Select the Audio management file, open it, and click on “Input devices”.
- Then, from the input devices, select “USB Headset connection”.
- Thus, both devices will be connected for accurate audio actions.
3. By Using Bluetooth
- How to connect wireless headphones to PS4? First, make sure to put your headphone in their Bluetooth mode just by holding their power buttons for about a few seconds.
- Then, go to the Settings of PS4 and click on the Audio Devices option.
- Now, select the “Bluetooth devices” and wait for your headphones to pop up on this device list for connection purposes.
- Pair both of them and then follow all the instructions given on the screen.
4. Using an Optical Cable
- An Optical cable allows you to connect two devices using a separate wire. Therefore, be sure to get one that is compatible with multiple devices.
- Now, plug one end into the PS4 and the other end into the third-party device such as an amplifier or speaker.
- Then, plug your gaming headphone jack into this amplifier or speaker’s audio port.
- Make sure to go into the PS4 settings and choose the Audio Devices option.
- In the end, Under “Output Device,” select “Primary Output Port” and then select “Digital Out (Optical).”
- Test run the connections you want for more accurate and efficient audio results.
5. Through the HDMI Cable
- How to connect a wired headset to PS4 without a controller? First, use this cable to connect one end to the PS4 and the other one to a compatible audio device such as a TV.
- Use the gaming headphones and plug their 3.5 mm wire into that specific audio device.
- Go to the PS4 settings, and select the Audio Devices option.
- Just like the upper heading, Under “Output Device,” select “Primary Output Port” and then select “HDMI Out.”
- In the end, make sure to test-check both devices for accurate results.
6. Using Audio Adaptors
- First, make sure to buy a highly compatible audio adaptor and then connect it to the gaming headphones via wired or wireless connections.
- Secondly, plug its wire end into the PS4 (depending on what type of Adaptor you are using)
Then, go to the PS4 settings and select the “Audio Devices” option.
- In the end, select “Audio Adaptor” as both input & output device.
- Lastly, test run both devices & adjust the audio levels.
Frequently Asked Questions:
The PS4 can be used with regular headphones to chat, but you will need a separate microphone to speak into. Connect the microphone to the PS4’s USB port and plug the headphones into the PS4’s audio jack. The microphone should be set up in the same manner as described in point 4 above.
Bluetooth adapters are available if your headphones are not supported by the PS4’s Bluetooth function. To connect your headphones, just plug the adapter into your PS4’s USB port.
Located next to the charging port on the bottom of the PS4 controller, there is a headphone jack on the bottom of the controller as well.
How to connect Gaming Headphones to PS4? PS4 headsets can be used with most standard wired headphones with microphones (you plug the headphones into the controller’s 3.5mm jack). However, a dedicated “gaming” headset, like the one below, provides optimized sound.
How to connect Gaming Headphones to PS4? Well, in this article, I have shared the 6 best ways and their detailed steps to make connections between these 2 devices easily. It includes the use of both wired and wireless connections with the help of different items such as input & output devices.
However, I would say that using Bluetooth & USB options can be your best choice. As it is pretty simple to make connections between the PS4 and gaming headphones using such options. In the end, I hope that you’ll find the best and simple way of making connections through the upper given methods.
Meet Marcus Peter, a prolific writer and tech enthusiast who specializes in all things, especially headphones. At Techrmw.com, Marcus covers the latest trends and developments in headphones, including wireless earbuds, noise-canceling over-ear models, and a variety of other gadgets, including smartphones, printers, gaming accessories, and numerous home appliances.