The Gaming headphones are well-known for their responsive actions in providing all audio facilities to gamers. Thus, they are also looking for the best & easy ways to connect their gaming headphones devices to their PC or laptop to have the best gaming experience.
Therefore, in this article, I will be sharing some of the best ways along with their detailed steps. So, it would be best for you to read this article thoroughly and then hook your gaming headphones to the PC after an amazing & incredible experience.
Major Ways & Steps – How to Get Gaming Headphones to Work on a PC or Laptop?
How to connect a gaming headset PC? I have shared multiple methods along with their steps. I even included the most common type of headphones as well. So, make sure to read all about these special headphone connection steps till the end for your knowledge purposes.
1. Using the 3.5mm Headphone Jack
This 3.5mm headphone jack is the most common type of headphone that is connected to other devices such as mobile phones & PCs. Therefore, I have shared the major steps to connecting its switch to the headphone jack on the PC.
- Firstly, find the green jack port on the front or back of your PC & laptop. Make sure that no other device is connected to it.
- Insert the switch wire of your headphone in this green Headphone port.
- In the end, adjust the volume of your headphones through the settings and enjoy your best gaming moments with high sound quality.
2. Using the Headphone USB Ports
Just like the headphone Switch pins, many headphones come with USB ports that can be used to connect them to PC. follow the given below steps to easily connect both these special technical devices for fast & efficient actions.
- First, find the USB port on your PC.
- Adjust the USB switch of your gaming headphones in that port.
- Let the PC recognize the input device and install the necessary drivers.
- In case, the drivers are not available. You can easily download them from the manufacturer’s website for free.
- Connect both devices and lastly, check the volume.
3. Using Bluetooth
How to connect gaming headphones to a laptop? Now, let’s talk about wireless gaming headphones. Using Bluetooth connections is the best way to connect them to other devices such as PC. Therefore, I have shared its major steps down below so make sure to read all of them.
- Enable Bluetooth of your PC device through its setting > devices > connectivity options.
- Now, put the gaming headphones in their paring mode as well. You can do this by just holding the power button of your device until a flash appears.
- Now, go to your PC network and connect it to the headphones Bluetooth.
- Now, you are all set for accurate gaming actions.
- Lastly, it is up to you to change these volumes according to your needs.
4. Through Wireless Receivers
These wireless receivers act as a chip that is put in the USB port of the PC. it also allows easy connection between Gaming headphones & PC. I have shared its major steps down below in all detail.
- First, locate the available USB port on the PC.
- Adjust the Receiver in this port carefully.
- Turn on the Headphones and allow them to be paired with the PC.
- Lastly, Using the PC’s volume control or the gaming headphones, adjust the volume.
5. By Audio Splitter
If you are gaming headphones have a 3.5mm jack. But the PC has different ports that don’t allow direct connection. Then, you can use the Audio splitters as I have shared their major steps in detail down below.
- An audio splitter should have one female 3.5mm jack and two male jacks (one for headphones, one for microphone).
- First, Connect your gaming headphones to the audio splitter’s female jack.
- Make sure that the audio splitter’s headphone jack plugs into your PC’s headphone port.
- Next, The microphone jack on the audio splitter should be plugged into your PC’s microphone port.
- In the end, Use the volume controls on the headphones or the PC’s volume controls.
6. Through the Audio Interference
It is another popular way of connecting gaming headphones to work on a PC. it allows the steamers to connect their headphones to different devices and the perfect-quality audio as their major outputs. So, be sure to learn the major steps of their connections.
- Firstly, purchase an Audio interference that is easily compatible with both PC and these technical gaming headphones.
- Secondly, Utilize an appropriate cable or adapter (such as a 3.5mm or USB cable) to connect your gaming headphones.
- Make sure to use a USB or Thunderbolt cable to connect the audio interface.
- Additionally, Drivers for audio interfaces should be installed.
- Last but not least, You can adjust the audio settings on your PC or use the software that comes with the audio interface.
Other Ways you can use – How to Get Gaming Headphones to Work on PC?
Here are some other ways that people try to connect their gaming headphones to a PC. it might include different connections and unique steps. So, it would be perfect to read all of them till the end.
1. How to use a headset mic on a PC with one jack?
- First, make sure to plug your headset switches into the PC jack ports.
- Then, go to Taskbar, right-click on Speakers, and then select the Sounds option.
- Now. Look for the recording option.
- Select your headphones in the list and set them as Default.
- In the end, check the sound quality and then use them for whatever purposes you like.
2. How to connect wired headphones to PC Windows 10 & 11?
- First, plug the headphones into the PC and let the PC recognize them.
- Now go to the Taskbar and search for the Sounds option.
- Click on the Playback theme and set your gaming headphones as Default in Windows 10 and Windows 11.
- Lastly, check the connections and sound quality before recording anything.
3. How to use a headset mic on a PC with one jack without a splitter?
- All steps are the same, first, connect headphones & PC.
- Then go to the Sounds option in the taskbar.
- Right-click on it and set your gaming headphones as Default.
- Now, Choose “Properties” from your right-click menu.
- In the end, The microphone levels can be adjusted on the “Levels” tab.
4. How to connect the headset to the PC with two jacks?
- First, plug in the main switch of headphones into the PC and let it connect.
- Then, plug the microphone pin into the other port.
- Firstly, go to the Sounds option in the Taskbar and set your headphones as default.
- Secondly, go to the Playback settings and right-click on the recording option and then set your headphones default for recording audio.
- Lastly, check the audio yourself and then do whatever you like.
Also Read: How to Repair Headphone?
Frequently Asked Questions:
Bluetooth gaming headsets work on computers. Activate the pairing mode by following the manual instructions. Click Connect when you activate Bluetooth on the PC. PC and headset are now properly connected.
How to get Gaming Headphones to work on a PC or Laptop? You can use a cotton swab damped with some rubbing alcohol to clean the connection between the jack and the headphones, or use compressed air to clean the jack if necessary. Try plugging in the headphones again.
Your apps may need permission to use your microphone after updating to Windows 10. Open Settings > Privacy > Microphone, then select Start. Enable microphone access in Change.
How to get Gaming Headphones to work on a PC or laptop? It is pretty simple to connect these special gaming headphone devices to different devices like PC or Mobile Phones.
I have shared all the major ways to connect these devices using both wired and wireless connection methods along with their steps. Therefore, I would say that it would be your best choice to follow these upper steps.
As I have provided them broken down into simple and easy-to-follow points. So, make sure to follow them and contact me in case you require any help from me.
Meet Marcus Peter, a prolific writer and tech enthusiast who specializes in all things, especially headphones. At Techrmw.com, Marcus covers the latest trends and developments in headphones, including wireless earbuds, noise-canceling over-ear models, and a variety of other gadgets, including smartphones, printers, gaming accessories, and numerous home appliances.