Are you a gamer looking to take your Nintendo Switch experience to the next level? Well, you just need high-quality gaming headphones and some special ways to connect them to your amazing Nintendo Switch console. Thankfully, it can be done easily using Bluetooth, USB, & Other wireless options.
Therefore, I have come up with this article to share the 6 major ways to answer this question of how to hook up gaming headphones to switch in the best & simple ways. Thus, make sure to read thoroughly till the end & find out how to connect Raycon gaming headphones to Xbox in the best ways possible.
6 Ways & Steps – How to Get Gaming Headphones to Work on Nintendo Switch?
Here are the 6 major methods that I have concluded after using these Nintendo for a long time. Be sure to read all the steps to make your connections easily.
1. Using a Bluetooth Adaptor
- First, buy a Bluetooth adaptor that is easily compatible with your Nintendo Console.
- Now, plug this adaptor into the USB-C Port of your console.
- Secondly, put your gaming headphones in their pairing modes by holding their power buttons until their flash turns on.
- Then be sure to connect them to the Bluetooth connection plugged into your consoles.
- Lastly, check the volume or reset it according to your needs.
2. Using Gaming Headphones with a 3.5 mm Jack
- First, make sure to attach your gaming headset to the Nintendo Switch’s 3.5mm headphone jack.
- Secondly, Select System Settings > Controllers and Sensors > Pro Controller Wired Communication on your console.
- Then, Enable wired communication by turning the “ON” switch on.
- Now, Return to the System Settings menu and select Audio.
- Last but not least, Change the volume settings according to your preferences.
3. Using a USB-C to 3.5mm Adaptor
- Firstly, purchase a USB-C to a 3.5mm Adaptor that is compatible with your Nintendo Switch console easily.
- Now, plug in the Adaptor in the USB port of the console located at its bottom.
- Make sure the Gaming headphones are plugged into this adaptor and it is connected accurately to the Nintendo console.
- As a result, both devices will be connected and you can easily adjust the audio levels according to your preferences.
4. Using a Wireless Gaming Headset with a Docking Station
- First, buy a Docking station that acts as a Bluetooth device and it is easy to connect with your Nintendo devices.
- Now, plug this Docking station into the USB port of the console.
- Set it in its pairing mode by holding its power button for a few seconds.
- Then, make sure to set your gaming headphones in the Bluetooth pairing modes as well just by holding their power buttons until their light turns on.
- Once they both are connected, you can easily set the perfect volume for yourself.
5. Using a Wireless Gaming Headset with an Audio Cable
- The Audio cable acts as a bridge to support two gaming devices.
- Just buy an audio cable that is compatible with both your gaming headphones to work on Nintendo Switch console.
- Now, plug it 3.5 mm Adaptor into the gaming headphone in an accurate way.
- Then, plug its other end into the Nintendo.
- Lastly, check the connections and then enjoy your best gaming moments.
6. Using a Wireless Gaming Headset with a Bluetooth Adaptor
- Buy a Bluetooth adaptor that can easily connect to your Nintendo consoles.
- Plug it into the USB port of the console located at its bottom.
- Put your headphones in pairing mode by holding their power buttons until their flash turns on.
- Lastly, connect both devices and then test-check their performance for accurate results.
Other Popular Nintendo & Gaming Headphone Queries:
Here are some of the other major factors people keep looking forward to. I have shared all their answers in the below headings so that you can easily read all of them.
1. How to Use Wired Headset on Switch While Docked?
- The Switch has a 3.5mm headphone jack for connecting a wired headset.
- You can toggle the Pro Controller Wired Communication setting by going to System Settings > Controllers and Sensors > Pro Controller Wired Communication.
- Go back to the System Settings and select the Audio option. Depending on your preferences, adjust the volume.
2. How to Use Headset on Switch Fortnite?
- Use one of the methods outlined above to connect your headset to the Switch.
- Go to the settings section of Fortnite once the game has been launched.
- Choose Audio as the input device and your headset as the output device.
3. Nintendo Switch Headset Mic Not Working:
- Make sure that your headset’s microphone is not muted or turned off.
- Connect the headset to the console properly.
- Verify that the input and output settings are set to the appropriate device by going to System Settings > Audio.
4. Headphones Not Working on Switch Fortnite:
- The headphones should be properly connected to the console.
- The headphones should be muted or turned off if they are not.
- Select the correct input and output devices within Fortnite’s audio settings.
5. How to Use Headset on Switch Minecraft?
- Using one of the methods described above, connect your headset to the Switch.
- Go to the settings of Minecraft once you have launched the game.
- Input and output devices should be set to Audio and your headset should be selected.
6. Nintendo Switch Microphone Fortnite:
- Use one of the methods outlined above to connect your microphone to the Switch.
- Go to the settings of Fortnite after launching it.
- Choose Audio as the input device and select your microphone.
7. Nintendo Switch USB Audio Not Working:
- The Switch must be compatible with your USB audio device.
- Ensure that the device is properly connected to the console.
- Ensure that the appropriate device is set for the input and output settings under System Settings > Audio.
8. How to Test Mic on Nintendo Switch?
- If you are using one of the methods outlined above, you should connect your microphone to the Switch.
- Select the Test Microphone option under System Settings > Audio.
- To test if the microphone is working properly, speak into it.
Also Read: how to get Gaming Headphones to work on Pc?
Frequently Asked Questions:
It’s often dust, lint, and dirt that cause the problem, so clean the jack with rubbing alcohol or compressed air, or use a cotton swab damped with some rubbing alcohol. Try plugging the headphones back in.
Your headphones may not connect or play audio if you have outdated audio and Bluetooth drivers. Update your drivers because Windows receives updates to prevent compatibility issues – like headphones not sounding despite being connected to your PC.
The pins on headphones can corrode and stick once exposed to water. Using a cotton swab, cut or remove some cotton from the end so it fits in the headphone jack slot to repair a water-damaged jack.
How to get gaming headphones to work on Nintendo Switch? Well, I have shared the 6 best ways that include both wireless & wired methods with detailed steps. By following them, you’ll easily be able to connect your special gaming devices to these amazing consoles.
Therefore, be sure to read all about them in the upper lines. Moreover, I have also shared all major headings & queries regarding these Nintendo consoles and their connection factors according to your gaming headphones.
Meet Marcus Peter, a prolific writer and tech enthusiast who specializes in all things, especially headphones. At Techrmw.com, Marcus covers the latest trends and developments in headphones, including wireless earbuds, noise-canceling over-ear models, and a variety of other gadgets, including smartphones, printers, gaming accessories, and numerous home appliances.